Retail platforms and marketplaces can seamlessly present relevant warranty and insurance policies in the purchase path.
Commonly, partners will integrate XCover using two key purchase process API calls: create quote and create booking. Depending where the offer of insurance is provided (at product page, cart page, or between as a product is added to cart), a single product quote or package quote can be used.
See a collection of common requests for this integration type
Most integrations follow the below high-level flow of events:
1. User browses product options and;
2. Selects a product to cart (or arrives at a product page etc.)
3. Partner platform sends a quote package payload to the create quote endpoint
4. User selects insurance option/s
5. User pays for product/s and insurance at checkout
6. Payment collection
7. Partner sends a booking request to the create booking endpoint
8. XCover sends confirmation email including policy details, Partner sends purchase confirmation and tax invoice.
In-Store CG Portal Process
For in-store purchases, sales associates can utilize the Cover Genius Portal on an iPad or similar device. The online form requires a few details about the product and some customer and payment information to protect a customer's purchase(s).
Post sale processes
Should a partner need to facilitate policy cancellation (for example, a product return, or order cancellation), the below workflow should be referenced.
In circumstances where a customer chooses to purchase products, but not the insurance offer. An opt-out request is used to notify XCover of a non-opted insurance quote. This assists with pricing and product offer data analysis and ultimately improved offers and sales results.