Travel Insurance such as Comprehensive, Medical, Baggage, Cancellation, Smart Delay, Insolvency, and more - Offered via Online Travel Agents and other platforms.
Online Travel Agents (OTA's) and Accommodation platforms selling flights, hotel bookings, experiences and travel packages can seamlessly present relevant travel insurance policies in the purchase booking path. Commonly, partners will integrate XCover using two key purchase process API calls: create quote and create booking.
See a collection of common requests for this integration type
Most integrations follow the below high level flow of events:
1. User browses travel options and;
2. Selects a travel offer
3. Partner platform sends a quote package payload to the create quote endpoint
4. User selects insurance option/s
5. User pays for travel and insurance at checkout
6. Payment collection
7. Partner sends a booking request payload to the create booking endpoint
8. XCover sends confirmation email including policy details, Partner sends purchase confirmation and tax invoice.
Post sale processes
Where a partner operates a management service for booked travel services, modifications to policies may be submitted to adjust for trip length (financial adjustment), or basic updates such as address changes for a policy profile (non-financial adjustment)
Should a partner need to facilitate travel and policy cancellation (note that this differs from trip cancellation policies, which due to their nature, may not be cancelled), the below workflow should be referenced.
In circumstances where a customer chooses to purchase travel, but not the insurance offer. An opt-out request is used to notify XCover of a non-opted insurance quote. This assists with pricing and product offer data analysis and ultimately improved offers and sales results.